The Changing Markets Foundation works at any given time with a network of 20-30 independent specialists and experts who work with the partner NGOs engaged in our campaigns. This team constantly evolves in geography and expertise to suit the campaigns underway.
Changing Markets is recruiting for a Finance and Admin Director!
After two years of rapid growth, Changing Markets Foundation is seeking a Finance and Admin director to take over and manage the financial and administrative work of the Foundation. The role will report to the CEO Joakim Bergman but initial work in setting up the new system and the full transition to the Foundation will be with the co-founder Paul Gilding, who has largely been conducting the finance and admin role. The Finance and Admin Director will liaise closely with the Campaigns Director based in London. Our office is based in London, but we are flexible with regards to working location. Experience with the Netherlands and the Dutch language would be an advantage.
The job role will be comprised of two key stages:
1. To complete the transition of our campaigning work into the Dutch Stichting.
2. To undertake the Foundations’ administrative and financial management tasks, on an ongoing basis.
There are already existing established financial systems for payments and reporting, with an accounting firm in Australia preparing payments and reporting. There is a Dutch accounting firm that has been appointed to take over the accounting role for SCM when the transfer is complete. There is also a US accounting firm, US legal advisor and NL legal advisor.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Managing and authorising payments every fortnight (including allocating to suit reporting, and checking and allocating expense claims.
– Working with the accounting firm(s) to produce monthly financial reports.
– Ensuring these reports are useful for the campaign managers and CEO.
– Managing the operational, including legal and HR aspects of staffing and contractors, working with the CEO.
– Managing all matters relating to the legal and accounting aspects of the NL Stichting, the US Foundation, the US and NL accounting and legal firms, the HR provider Globalization Partners.
– Managing the relationships, structures and payments between the various entities (e.g. US to Dutch foundations.)
– Managing IT support (delivered by external provider) and domain subscriptions.
– Managing contracts with service providers including grantee relationships and contracts with NGO partners.
– Investigating and recommending whether to transfer current employee arrangements under the Dutch foundation and then managing payroll, tax, pensions, insurances etc on implementation.
– All the usual responsibilities of an administrator and finance role in an NGO.
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 pa
We will be recruiting until the position is filled. Please send your CV or any inquiries about the position to: email@example.com