The Changing Markets Foundation works at any given time with a network of 20-30 independent specialists and experts who work with the partner NGOs engaged in our campaigns. This team constantly evolves in geography and expertise to suit the campaigns underway. Led by Joakim Bergman, a group headquartered out of London coordinates and supports the broader team.
Changing Markets is recruiting for a Senior Campaign Adviser
The Changing Markets Foundation is recruiting for an experienced campaign adviser to run a market transformation campaign on access to nutrition. The position is full time, permanent and preferably based in our London office at 40 Bermondsey street. We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience. For excellent candidates we can be flexible about job location.
Changing Markets is a campaigning organisation formed to accelerate and scale up solutions to sustainability challenges by leveraging the power of markets. Working with NGOs, research organisations and other foundations, we create and support campaigns that shift market share away from unsustainable products and companies to environmentally and socially beneficial solutions.
We are looking for a person with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in running and winning campaigns, strong strategic thinking skills and a good personal network within the NGO community or the ability to create good relations with the sector. The person should be a creative thinker and a team player with strong inter-personal skills and the capacity to deliver to tight deadlines.
A successful candidate must have:
- strong experience in running and winning campaigns;
- demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to develop campaigns from scratch with the support of the Changing Markets team;
- the ability to commission and coordinate research by external consultants to create the base of knowledge needed to win campaigns;
- excellent writing skills in English, good communication and presentation skills;
- networking skills and the ability to create and run coalitions;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment, with occasional heavy workloads;
- attention to detail;
- the ability to think out-of-the-box and to adapt campaign plans to changing circumstances;
- a passionate interest in food and development issues with a view to creating lasting social change.
It’s a plus if the candidate:
- is fluent in another language;
- has good knowledge of issues and debates surrounding access to food, nutrition and development;
- has experience in handling media relations and good knowledge of social media.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your CV, motivation letter, as well as a sample of recent written work (for example a report, a blog post or an article) to email@example.com by COB Tuesday, 7 February. Because of the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact selected candidates to arrange an interview.